The factors which determine the technology environment in a country are as follows :
- Quality of human resources in terms of the spirit of experimentation, innovation, and enterprise.
- Facilities for technical education, training and research.
- Compensation systems and promotion policies for persons engaged in scientific and industrial research.
- Incentives for research and development.
- Monetary and fiscal concessions for intensive research and development in the private sector.
- Government participation in scientific and technological development.
- Laws for the protection of intellectual property rights.
- Institutional arrangements for developing a conductive technological environment.
- Access to foreign technology.