Incidental functions are of routine nature. Many of these functions are supplementary of complementary to other decision making functions. Following are the commonly performed incidental functions:
- Custody and safeguarding securities, insurance and other valuable papers.
- Administration of pension and welfare plans.
- Maintenance of accounts, preparation of reports and evaluation of performance in financial terms.
- Follow up and improvement of mechanical details of financing terms.
- Supervision of cash receipts and payments.
- Administration of internal audit.
- Establishing financial public relations.
- Compliance with governmental regulations.
- Opening accounts and depositing funds in banks, management of petty cash and bank balances.