Some of the important features of discrimination are as follows:
- Deprives Others of Equality: the outstanding feature of discrimination is not to give all an equal treatment or consideration. It is act of violating of equality as well as justice.
- May Forms: Discrimination has many forms. A person or group may be discriminated on several basis like age, race, gender, religion, colour, nationality, origin or beauty etc. therefore, discrimination may prevail in different forms like social, legal, economic or individual discrimination.
- Grants privilege at Expense of Others: The basis cause of discrimination is to dory someone his due rights and treatment so as to give a preferential treatment to others. The core of discrimination is robbing one of his rights to provide concessions to others.
- Violate Human Rights: Discrimination always involves depending a perdon or class from their rights. It also includes violation of human rights like right of equality, justice, freedom of expression and thought and other civil liberties. Discrimination also hurts the natural freedom and dignity of a person.
- Negative Impact on Human Welfare: discrimination is opposite of equality. It involves unequal treatment of person or class of persons on basis of some erroneous assumptions about a person or class. It reduces self – confidence amongst the discriminated.
- Social Unrest: The most dangerous impact of discrimination is the social unrest. It harts the inner feeling and the discriminated classes and do not leave a chance to cause damage to others. Discrimination causes riots, massacres and social disturbances.