The important measures to eliminate discrimination can be categorized as:-
- Legal Measures
- Affirmative Action
- Legal Measures: Various laws and Acts have been devised to eliminate discrimination from workplace by the Government.
- Affirmative Action: Affirmative action comprises such measures that help to eliminate discrimination of women and minority groups. Some of the affirmative actions are:-
- Active Recruitment: Active recruitment of member of minorities and women is one of the affirmative actions to eliminate discrimination.
- Training: Adequate training be imparted to women and minority members so as to be able to compete the other class of people. It is also necessary to make them aware of their rights and means of redressal.
- Promotion: In order to weed out social bias of discrimination promotions to women and minority member may be given so that they search to higher post. For this purpose some reservation of quota system may be introduced.
- Job Safety: an important concern relating to employees or workers is safety while on job. In industrial units workers are exposed to risky or hazardous operations or process and therefore need to be protected. Organizations must not discriminate employees on account of job safety measures.